St. Paul’s Lutheran Church and School
St. Paul’s Lutheran Church was organized on August 17, 1909, under the leadership of Pastor Theo. Iben of Glenella, Oklahoma. The young congregation worshiped in various places around Enid including the old feed mill on 2nd Street until their first church was built. During this time they were served by the pastors of the surrounding congregations. Their first church was built during the winter of 1909-1910 at 14th and East Maine, and dedicated on February 13, 1910. In August of 1910, St. Paul’s Lutheran Church called its first resident pastor, Rev. Herm A. Nothnagel. St. Paul’s worshiped there until the new church could be built on the corner of 17th Street and East Broadway. Groundbreaking for the new church took place on March 7, 1926. St. Paul’s Lutheran School was built behind the church in the pattern of the new church. On May 9, 1926, Mr. Aug. W. Lietz of Alma, Kansas, was called as the first full time teacher of St. Paul’s Lutheran School. The school was dedicated and Mr. Lietz was installed in September of 1926. The new church was completed and dedicated on March 27, 1927.